Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 3 - Beijing tour 2

It's been another great day touring the sights of Beijing. It was so exhilerating to climb the great wall and since we waited for this for so long, we made sure we went to the top as far as they would let us go.

Besides the Great wall, today we went to the Olympic village, a jade factory, and the Ming Tombs. It was a little wet in the morning but that did not dampen our spirits. I will see if I can get some pictures up yet tonight and I did fix the problem where I did not make yesterday's pictures public. You should be able to see them now and I added some captions.

We spent this evening re-packing our bags because early in the morning we fly to Makaila's province! Oh and we had McDonald's for dinner! REAL American food :).

Gota get up at 5 so good night!

(Hmmm, I wonder what might happen tomorrow afternoon?)

8 comments:

  1. The pictures are great. I can't wait until I see what happens tomorrow. I wish I was there with you I am so excited I can't stand it. I love you guys sooooooo much big hugs and kisses and when you do get the little peanut make sure she gets alot of hugs and kisses from her Aunt Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is it!! woohoo!! Isn't it surreal being at the Great Wall and yet your mind and heart are just not there!! I tried really hard to take it all in, but all I could think of was, I see my daughter tomorrow!! :)

    I'm sure you've already been told this or thought of this, but I thought I'd pass on a nice tip we were given. While in Lauren's province we tried to buy items that were unique to the area to be given as birthday gifts down the road. Now that we are home, I'm glad I have these items tucked away for later years.

    Tonight Makaila sleeps for the last time without her mommy and daddy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Mardi's last comment made me cry tears of joy. I can't believe it's almost here. Can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for my gift card! I bought six books, all with gift cards you gave me (I still had one from Christmas as well). Love you.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pleasure we have reading your blog each day and looking at the pictures you've been posting.It makes us happy to see how happy you are.Sharing your sight seeing with us is almost like being there.You must be getting very anxious to see Makalia but it won't be long now.We love you guys and are so happy for you. The Meades

    ReplyDelete
  6. So its true you will get Makaila tomorrow??? I wish we were there with you when you see her for the first time. So tomorrow you will be Mommy and Daddy and the wait is finally over, we are sooooooo happy for you both.
    I hope your wireless connection is as good as it was in Beijing, because that was great.
    I can't wait to see Makaila but really I can't wait to hold her and kiss her.
    Love and Kisses to you both
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hurry hurry I can't wait another minute I am dying to see Makaila. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tick tick tick...is the clock going fast or slow as you get closer to THE BIG GOTCHA? We were thinking how hard it must be to enjoy all the touring these past few days when all you really want to do is get to Makaila. I can feel the excitement building, and my heart is so filled with hope and anticipation!

    ReplyDelete