Friday, September 17, 2010

Mommy & Me

Today I spent the day with my precious daughter.  It was mommy/daughter day.  I had promised myself that I would spend the day with her before I went back to work (I go back on Monday). 

We started out by having breakfast at home (and boy did she eat a nice big breakfast) and then we were on the road, just the two of us, by 9:45.  We went over to Burlington Coat Factory where she slept on the way over and in the store.  She only woke up right when I was putting her back in the car.  We then headed over to the Home Goods Store (LOVE that store) where she sat in the cart and looked at everything and waved to everyone.  At that time she was starting to get somewhat cranky so... Cheerios to the rescue!!!  We then headed over to Barnes and Noble for Starbucks (yum yum) and lunch for Makaila.  She ate, and ate, and ate...  which makes mommy very happy.  I then brought her over to the children's section in the bookstore and she watched two little boys play with the train set they had there.  We then read a couple of Elmo books and headed to the doctor's office to pick up her forms for day care.  After that, we went home but continued our day together.  We had dinner, walked some, played in the play-yard, had a snack, said hello to grandma and grandpa on Skype, played in her room some more, went on the potty, had our evening bottle and went to bed.  It was a beautiful day together.

On a sad note, when I came home, I of course immediately bent down to give hugs and kisses to my puppy Callie.  While doing that, I felt that lump on her face again... it feels as if it is coming back.  I immediately told Dennis to get his shoes on and I called the vet to let them know that we were on our way.  They gave her a needle to take a sample to send off to the lab for testing.  The vet told me not to loose sleep over it.  He is not sure what it is... needless to say, my heart hurts and I'm scared.  This dog means the world to me.  Please keep my puppy in your prayers.

Here are a few pictures from our day.



























3 comments:

  1. Lisa! She is so precious! What a fun fun day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FANTASTIC girls day out! I just love my girls day out time with Lauren. It's just a dream come true! I know it will be hard to go back to work monday, it was for me. It makes coming home all the better to see your daughter's face light up when she see's you.:) Sometimes I'll pick Lauren up in my arms and she gives me a hug and says, good job working today mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up date! Up date! Up date! hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete