Monday, July 19, 2010

All is well and the Zoo in the morning

First off, we did not have time to make or take calls this evening and most likely not in the morning either. But don't worry all is well here. We used the little time we had this evening to call our doctor at home to just ask some question about Makaila's diet and some minor skin issues. Everything seems normal and we do not have any concerns at this time. Oh, and we used Skype at about 2 cents a minute to call the doctor's phone - it worked great. Tomorrow, we are planning to head to the local zoo in the morning so we have to be up early and of course to bed early this evening so i don't have time to upload any media but should be able to tomorrow.

Today was a pretty good day. We started by sleeping in a little and then just spent the rest of the day resting and taking some strolls outside. Makaila seems to be adjusting well to our new environment now and also seemed to be feeling well. She ate A LOT and was the most content she has been since she joined us. It was fun to watch her play more or less on her own and to not have to pay constant attention to her. I have some video of her playing that I will post tomorrow.

Only 4 more days here and then it's coming home time. Yay!

Loves ya all,
Dennis, Lisa and Makaila

4 comments:

  1. Well I already sent you an email because I didn't see you on skype this morning....so I was thrilled to get the update on your blog (thank god for blog) I am glad you called the doctor now can't wait to hear what she said :) I know that it will put your mind at ease being able to talk to her. So happy that Makaila is more content and can play nice on her own. Well keep is posted as I know you will because my mind goes in a million directions when I don't hear from you, like do I have to go to China to get you :) because I will be on the next plane.
    Love you all xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the zoo. You are so lucky to be able to see the pandas. Take lots of pics so we can see too. So glad you have some time to rest before the long trip home. It will be so nice to be in your own beds and develop your own routine with Princess M. How did she do on the flight over there? Some babies are wonderful on planes, others have a hard time with their ears, just like adults. Enjoy the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything is going okay. Really happy to hear Makaila is doing good (although I knew she would)how can she possibly no when she has you both for her mommy and daddy. Cannot wait to finally see her in person tired of gritting my teeth and pictures and skype just want one little piece so Lisa save me some OK. Love you guys. Booked our flights so we are definately on our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the zoo, can't wait to see the video. I LOVE the last video, Makaila did a nice giggle for the camera.
    Love you lots and we're all counting down the days.
    xxooxxox Krissy

    ReplyDelete